Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, June 07, 2016
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Invocation and Pledge
Approval of Minutes
o May 3, 2016 Council Meeting Minutes
o May 17, 2016 Council Meeting Minutes
o May 19, 2016 Council Meeting Minutes
Presentations, Proclamations and Awards
1. A presentation by C-SPAN
2. A presentation by Paul Warner regarding Freedom Festival 2016
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
Mayor's Items and Reports
3. A public hearing on an ordinance adopting a Tentative Budget for Provo City Corporation for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2016, and ending June 30, 2017, in the amount of $200,614,858, setting a public hearing to consider a proposed change in the Certified Tax Rate, and amending the Consolidated Fee Schedule and Provo City Code Section 4.04.060. (16-054)
4. A public hearing on a resolution appropriating $150,000 in the General Fund to repair the roof on the building that houses the Community Development Department and Fire Station #1, applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016. (16-062)
5. A public hearing on a resolution appropriating $307,500 in the General Fund to make purchases related to necessary capital projects in the Recreation Center, applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016. (16-064)
6. A public hearing on a resolution approving the reprogramming of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds to fund the Sidewalk Improvement Project on 400 West Street. (16-065)
7. A public hearing on a resolution to reprogram Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds to provide for the relocation of a transformer to finalize the remodel of the startup building. (16-073)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
8. A public hearing on a resolution adopting a budget for the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City Corporation in the amount of $4,292,168, for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2016, and ending June 30, 2017. (16-055)
Storm Water Special Service District
9. A public hearing on a resolution adopting a budget for the Provo City Storm Water Special Service District in the amount of $4,196,915 for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2016, and ending June 30, 2017. (16-056)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
10. A public hearing on a resolution approving the Provo City Moderate Income Housing Plan for 2014-2015. City-wide Impact. (16-0003GPA)
11. A public hearing on an ordinance amending Provo City Code Sections 14.32.020 and 14.32.140 to allow for reuse of an existing commercial building in the Residential Conservation (RC) Zone, specifically for the building generally located at 389 East 200 North. Joaquin Neighborhood and City-Wide Impact. (15-0020OA)
12. A public hearing on an ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 0.34 acres of real property, generally located at 177 South 1000 West, from Residential Conservation (RC) Zone to Del Coronado PRO (PRO-20) Zone. Franklin Neighborhood. (15-0013R)
13. A public hearing on an ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 14.50(20).040 to reduce the minimum project area size from 0.9 acre to 0.34 acre in order to build a new duplex on the property generally located at 177 South 1000 West, in the Residential Conservation (RC) Zone. Franklin Neighborhood. (15-0014OA)
14. A public hearing on an ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 0.46 acres of real property, generally located between 800 North and 880 North and between 250 West and 440 West, from One-Family Residential (R1.6A) to Health Care Facilities Zone (HCF). North Park Neighborhood. (16-0006R)
15. A public hearing on an ordinance vacating the public streets 250 West (between 800 North and 940 North) and 880 North (between 300 West and Freedom), adjacent to property owned by IHC Health Services for future hospital expansion located in the R1.6A (One-Family Residential) and HCF (Health Care Facilities Zones. North Park Neighborhood. (16-0001SV)
Council Items and Reports
16. A resolution approving an amendment to a Development Agreement regarding property generally located at 660 East 300 North in order to amend the covenants, conditions, and restrictions required by the Agreement. (16-072)
17. A public hearing on an ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 4.18 acres of real property, generally located at 1040 South 1000 East, from Heavy Commercial (CM) and Residential Conservation (RC) to Low Density Residential (LDR).. Spring Creek Neighborhood. (13-0003R)
18. A resolution approving the selection of an audit firm to provide audit services and authorizing the Council Chair to execute a contract with the audit firm. (16-049)
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
The next scheduled Regular Council Meeting will be held on 06/21/2016 at 5:30 PM in the Council Chambers, 351 West Center Street, Provo, unless otherwise noticed. The Work Session meeting start times is to be determined and will be noticed at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time, but typically begins between 1:00 and 4:00pm.
**************************************Notices are provided as a courtesy. All legally required notices can be found on the Utah Public Meeting Notice website. Comments and questions about City Council agendas should be directed to the Council Office at (801) 852-6120.