PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Invocation and Pledge
Approval of Minutes
o June 16, 2015 Council Meeting Minutes
Presentations, Proclamations and Awards
1. A presentation by the Covey Center - MARY POPPINS
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
Mayor's Items and Reports
2. A resolution appointing election poll workers and designating polling places for municipal primary and general elections to be held in Provo City on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 and Tuesday, November 3, 2015. (15-097)
3. A resolution authorizing the Mayor to approve an application for a Byrne Justice Assistance Grant and to execute an interlocal cooperation agreement with Utah County relating to the 2015 Byrne Justice Assistance Grant program. (15-096)
4. A resolution approving the Amendment to Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with various municipalities and political subdivisions within the State of Utah and authorizing Provo City to become a member of the Jordan River-Farmington Bay Water Quality Council. (15-098)
5. A public hearing on a resolution reprogramming HOME Investment and Partnerships Program (HOME) funds from activities funded in previous fiscal years and flagged to miss the commitment deadline compliance date of July 31, 2015. (15-099)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
6. A public hearing on an ordinance approving the annexation of approximately 7.22 acres of real property generally located along 2000 North, just west of I-15. Lakeview North Neighborhood. (15-0002A)
7. A public hearing on an ordinance approving the disconnection of approximately 0.54 acres of real property generally located at 2800 west, within the 2000 north street right-of way. Lakeview North Neighborhood. (15-0002A)
8. A resolution approving the interlocal agreement between Provo City and the City of Orem regarding the Provo-Orem boundary at 2000 North in Provo and 2000 South in Orem. (15-0002A)
9. A public hearing on an ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 14.37.100 to eliminate code conflicts that cause confusion and to update parking design standards. Citywide Impact. (15-0011OA)
10. A public hearing on an ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 14.18.020 to reduce the acreage requirement for funeral homes from 1.75 acreas to 1.50 acres. Citywide Impact. (15-0008OA)
11. A public hearing on an ordinance vacating three public streets located at (1) 300 West from 650 North to 800 North and (2) 700 North from 300 West to the west boundary of 322 West and (3) 650 North from 200 West to 300 West in order to facilitate the expansion of the Provo City Power Department Campus. North Park Neighborhood. (15-0001SV)
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
The next scheduled Regular Council Meeting will be held on 08/04/2015 at 5:30 PM in the Council Chambers, 351 West Center Street, Provo, unless otherwise noticed. The Work Session meeting start times is to be determined and will be noticed at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time, but typically begins between 1:00 and 4:00pm.
**************************************Notices are provided as a public service. Comments and questions should be directed to the Council Office at (801) 852-6122.