PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, June 02, 2015
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Invocation and Pledge
Approval of Minutes
o May 5, 2015 Council Meeting Minutes
o May 19, 2015 Council Meeting Minutes
Presentations, Proclamations and Awards
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
Mayor's Items and Reports
1. A resolution authorizing the Provo City Police Department to apply to public interest use certain property qualifying as lost or mislaid property or property no longer needed for evidence. (15-083)
2. A resolution consenting to the appointment of Individuals to various Boards & Commission Appointments (15-084)
3. An ordinance enacting Provo City Code Section 8.02.200 to prohibit the feeding of wild deer, elk, moose, or turkey within city limits. (15-076)
4. An ordinance amending Provo City Code Chapter 6.20 (Large Public Assemblies). (15-081)
5. A resolution appropriating $1,500,000 in the General Capital Improvement Fund for capital expenses relating to the construction of a Fleet Facility and applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2015. (15-065)
6. A public hearing on an ordinance adopting a Tentative Budget for Provo City Corporation for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2015, and ending June 30, 2016, in the amount of $227,424,705, setting a public hearing to consider a proposed change in the Certified Tax Rate, and amending the Consolidated Fee Schedule and Provo City Code Section 4.04.060. (15-059)
7. A resolution approving the Memorandum of Understanding between the Redevelopment Agency and Provo City Corporation and authorizing the Mayor to sign that Agreement on behalf of Provo City. (15-069)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
8. A resolution approving the Memorandum of Understanding between the Redevelopment Agency and Provo City Corporation and authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to sign that agreement on behalf of the Redevelopment Agency. (15-075)
9. A public hearing on a resolution adopting a budget for the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City Corporation, in the amount of $4,890,087, for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2015 and ending June 30, 2016. (15-061)
Storm Water Special Service District
10. A public hearing on a resolution adopting a budget for the Provo City Storm Water Special Service District, in the amount of $4,059,019, for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2015 and ending June 30, 2016. (15-060)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
11. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately 2.13 acres of real property, generally located at 841 South 950 West from RA (Residential Agriculture) to R1.8 (One-Family Residential) in order to allow a residential subdivision. Sunset Neighborhood. (15-0002R)
12. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately 0.70 acres of real property, generally located at 583 East Foothill Drive from A1.5 (Agricultural) to R1.10 (One-Family Residential). North Timpview Neighborhood. (15-0005R)
13. A resolution amending the Provo City General Plan Land Use map designation of city-owned real property generally located from 723 North 300 West to 321 West 800 North in the R1.6A (One-Family Residential zone from Residential (R) to Public Facilities (PF). North Park Neighborhood. (15-0001GPA)
14. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately 1.6 acres of real property, generally located from 723 North 300 West to 321 West 800 North, from R1.6A (One-Family Residential) to PF (Public Facilities). North Park Neighborhood. (15-0008R)
15. A resolution indicating the intent of the Provo Municipal Council to (A) annex 7.22 acres of real property generally located along 2000 North, just west of I-15, and (B) consider the disconnection of 0.54 acres of real property generally located at 2800 West, within the 2000 North street right-of-way. Lakeview North Neighborhood. (15-0002A)
Council Items and Reports
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
The next scheduled Regular Council Meeting will be held on 06/16/2015 at 5:30 PM in the Council Chambers, 351 West Center Street, Provo, unless otherwise noticed. The Work Session meeting start times is to be determined and will be noticed at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time, but typically begins between 1:00 and 4:00pm.
Notice of Special Accommodations:Notice of Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aides and services) during this meeting are invited to notify the Provo Council Office at 351 W. Center, Provo, Utah 84601, phone: (801) 852-6120 or email email@example.com at least three working days prior to the meeting. The meeting room in Provo City Center is fully accessible via the south parking garage access to the elevator. The Council Meeting is also broadcast live on cable channel 17 or online at www.provo.org/city-services/channel-17.
Notice of Electronic or telephone participation:Notice of Telephonic Communications One or more Council members may participate by telephone or Internet communication in this meeting. Telephone or Internet communications will be amplified as needed so all Council members and others attending the meeting will be able to hear the person(s) participating electronically as well as those participating in person. The meeting will be conducted using the same procedures applicable to regular Municipal Council meetings.
Other information:Notice of Compliance with Public Noticing Regulations This meeting was noticed in compliance with Utah Code 52-4-202 and Provo City Code 14.02.010. Agendas and minutes are accessible through the Provo City website at council.provo.gov. Council Meeting agendas are available through the Utah Public Meeting Notice website at pmn.utah.gov. Email subscriptions to the Utah Public Meeting Notice are available through their website.
Location:351 West Center Street, Provo, 84601
Contact information:Louise Jorgensen, firstname.lastname@example.org, (801)852-6120
**************************************Notices are provided as a public service. Comments and questions should be directed to the Council Office at (801) 852-6122.