12:00 PM, Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Room 310, Provo City Conference Room
351 W. Center St., Provo, Utah
Approval of Minutes
Council Business: Outcomes and Ends Policies
1. A discussion on a proposed process for developing housing policies per the Municipal Council priority list. (15-055)
2. A discussion on a process for the update of Provo City Vision 2030. (15-062)
Council Business: Governance Process and Rules
3. A discussion on proposed amendments to Chapter 2.29 - Neighborhood Program - Provo City Code. (15-140)
4. Consideration of a proposed Municipal Council rule regarding the process for providing advice to the Mayor and subsequent Municipal Council consent for the appointment of individuals to statutory boards and commissions. (15-102)
Upcoming Policy Items referred from the Planning Commission
5. An update from Community Development regarding the impact of legislation that was passed in March 2015 - An ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 14.29.100 (Building Height) to reduce allowed building height in a Planned Industrial Commercial (PIC) zone when that zone abuts a residential zone. City-wide Impact. (14-0012OA)
6. Gardner & Associates request a General Plan Amendment from Residential to Commercial for property located at 1360 North 800 West in the General Commercial (CG) Zone. Rivergrove Neighborhood. 15-0005GPA
7. Gardner & Associates request a zone change from R1.6 to General Commercial for a single lot located at 1360 North 800 West. Rivergrove Neighborhood. 15-0012R
8. The Community Development Department requests an Ordinance Text Amendment to Provo City Code 14.23.030 to include subdivisions in the definition of new development for the purpose of adding clarity to the intent of the ordinance. City Wide. 15-0015OA
9. Premier Reality Investments requests Preliminary Project Plan approval for a 75-unit, townhome development on 4.38 acres, located at approximately 1040 South 1000 East in a proposed Medium Density Residential (MDR) Zone. Spring Creek Neighborhood. 13-0005PPA.
10. John Dester is requesting the rezoning of two properties totaling approximately 0.45 acres, from R1.6 (Residential - 6,000 sq. ft. lot minimum) to MDR (Medium Density Residential), located at approximately 550 West 300 North. The rezoning would facilitate the development of a 7-unit townhome project. Dixon Neighborhood. 15-0009R
11. Andrew Coats requests a zone map amendment for approximately 0.93 acres from the RA to the R1.10 Zone, to facilitate the creation of a two-lot subdivision on property located at approximately 1650 East 1400 South. Provost South Neighborhood. 15-0011R
Mayor's Items and Reports
12. A report and discussion regarding the UMPA Joint Action Agency Agreement. (15-143)
13. A discussion regarding a proposed resolution brought forward by the Sustainability and Natural Resources Committee encouraging the state legislature in efforts related to improving air quality. (15-146)
14. A quarterly report from the Finance Division regarding the 4th Quarter of fiscal year 2014-2015. (15-141)
The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm.
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
The next scheduled Regular Council Meeting will be held on 11/19/2015 at 5:30 PM in the Council Chambers, 351 West Center Street, Provo, unless otherwise noticed. The Work Session meeting start times is to be determined and will be noticed at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time, but typically begins between 1:00 and 4:00pm.
**************************************Notices are provided as a public service. Comments and questions should be directed to the Council Office at (801) 852-6122.