Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Invocation and Pledge
Approval of Minutes
o October 6, 2015 Council Meeting MinutesPresentations, Proclamations and Awards
o October 20, 2015 Council Meeting Minutes
1. A presentation of graduation certificates for Provology101
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
Mayor's Items and Reports
2. An ordinance repealing Provo City Code Chapters 6.21 (CATV Franchise), 6.22 (Multi-Channel Service Providers Regulatory Practices, and 6.24 (Telecommunications Rights-of-Way) and enacting a new Provo City Code Chapter 6.21 (Franchise Regulation) to govern the regulation of franchises and access to city rights-of way. (15-104)
3. A resolution appropriating $168,940 in the General Fund for improvements to the downtown applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016. (15-144)
4. A resolution appropriating $256,628 in the General Fund for the costs of anticipated safety measures and improvements necessary to appropriately manage the influx of visitors associated with the Provo City Center Temple Open House and applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016. (15-145)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Board of Canvassers
5. A resolution of the Mayor and Municipal Council sitting as the Board of Canvassers accepting the election returns and declaring and certifying the results of the vote for general elections held on Tuesday, November 3, 2015 for Proposition 4 (Provo City RAP Tax), Council City-wide II, Council District 1, Council District 3, Council District 4, and Council District 5, Provo, Utah. (15-113)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
Council Items and Reports
6. A report from the Wasatch Neighborhood regarding the impact of measures applied since August 2015 to limit parking issues within the Neighborhood. (15-068)
7. A resolution adopting the 2016 Council Regular Meeting Schedule. (15-147)
8. An ordinance enacting Provo City Code Chapter 5.09 (Recreation, Arts, and Parks Tax) providing for the imposition, collection, and distribution of a local sales and use tax to fund Recreational, Arts, and Parks (RAP) Programs. (15-064)
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
The next scheduled Regular Council Meeting will be held on 12/01/2015 at 5:30 PM in the Council Chambers, 351 West Center Street, Provo, unless otherwise noticed. The Work Session meeting start times is to be determined and will be noticed at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time, but typically begins between 1:00 and 4:00pm.
**************************************Notices are provided as a public service. Comments and questions should be directed to the Council Office at (801) 852-6122.