Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Invocation and Pledge
Presentations, Proclamations and Awards
1. A presentation by the Covey Center - Legend of Sleepy Hallow
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
Council Items and Reports
2. A resolution approving the Sister City Agreement between the cities of Meissen, Saxony, Germany and Provo, Utah, United States of America. (15-077)
3. A resolution commending individuals, families, businesses, schools, churches, and other institutions for promoting education of the harmful effects of viewing pornography. (15-092)
4. Internal Governance Policy Evaluation
- An ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 2.50.110 (Municipal Council Committees) to clarify language regarding the purpose and makeup of council committees. (15-102)
A Meeting on the proposed Recreation, Arts, and Parks (RAP) Tax (Will begin at 6:00 p.m. or shortly thereafter)
5. A Public Hearing on the Recreation, Arts, and Parks (RAP) Tax that will appear on the November 3, 2015 ballot. (15-064)
Mayor's Items and Reports
6. A resolution to renew the placement of certain properties on the surplus property list and authorize the Mayor to sell the properties. (15-134)
7. A resolution consenting to the appointment of individuals to various boards and commissions. (15-119)
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
The next scheduled Regular Council Meeting will be held on 11/17/2015 at 5:30 PM in the Council Chambers, 351 West Center Street, Provo, unless otherwise noticed. The Work Session meeting start times is to be determined and will be noticed at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time, but typically begins between 1:00 and 4:00pm.
**************************************Notices are provided as a public service. Comments and questions should be directed to the Council Office at (801) 852-6122.