PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, January 05, 2016
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Invocation and Pledge
1. Election of Municipal Council officers; chair and vice-chair.
2. A resolution acknowledging the election of the chair and vice-chair of the Provo Municipal Council for calendar year 2016. (16-003)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
3. Election of Redevelopment Agency of Provo officers; chair and vice-chair.
4. A resolution appointing the chair and vice-chair of the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City for calendar year 2016. (16-004)
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
- Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
- Please limit your comments to two minutes.
- State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
Mayor's Items and Reports
5. A resolution consenting to the Mayor's appointment of Scott Henderson as the Parks and Recreation Department Director for the City of Provo. (16-009)
6. A public hearing on a resolution appropriating $120,000 in the General Fund to purchase an 18-acre parcel of land just south of the trailhead for Rock Canyon applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016. (16-005)
7. A resolution waiving the right of Provo City under Utah Code 53A-2-403 to purchase the Provo High property declared to be surplus by the Provo School District (16-006)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
8. A public hearing on an ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately 0.21 acres of real property, generally located at 290 West 1625 North, from RC (Residential Conservation) to R3 (Medium Multiple Residential). Carterville Neighborhood. (15-0010R)
9. A public hearing on an ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 14.50(10).030, to allow certain professional and business services to be located within the clubhouse area of this zone. Riverbottoms Neighborhood. (15-0016OA)
10. Consideration of a motion to amend the previously adopted Ordinance 2015-47, approved on December 1, 2015, which amended Provo City Code Chapter 2.29 (Neighborhood Advisory Board). (15-140)
11. Consideration of a motion to rescind the adoption of Ordinance 13-0005PPA, approved on December 1, 2015, which amended the zone map classification of 4.38 acres of real property, generally located at 1040 South 1000 East, from Heavy Commercial (CM) and Residential Conservation (RC) to Medium Density Residential (MDR).
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
The next scheduled Regular Council Meeting will be held on 01/19/2016 at 5:30 PM in the Council Chambers, 351 West Center Street, Provo, unless otherwise noticed. The Work Session meeting start times is to be determined and will be noticed at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time, but typically begins between 1:00 and 4:00pm.
**************************************Notices are provided as a public service. Comments and questions should be directed to the Council Office at (801) 852-6122.