PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
1:00 PM, Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Room 310, Provo City Conference Room
351 W. Center St., Provo, Utah
Approval of Minutes
1. May 19, 2015 Work Meeting Minutes
2. July 21, 2015 Work Meeting Minutes
Council Business: Outcomes and Ends Policies
3. A discussion on a resolution to submit an opinion question to the residents of Provo City in the November 3, 2015 election regarding authorization to impose a local option sales tax as described in Utah Code Section 59-12-1402 for the purposes of funding cultural, recreational, and zoological facilities and botanical, cultural, and zoological organizations. (15-064)
Mayor's Items and Reports
4. A discussion on potential updates to user fees. (15-106)
5. A discussion to identify policy direction relative to private solar energy generation within the city and its effects on revenue for maintaining and upgrading capital facilities for the overall electric utility system. (15-103)
6. A discussion on a resolution regarding the interlocal agreement regarding the Everbridge Mass Notification System. (15-107)
7. A quarterly report by the Sustainability Committee. (15-109)
Council Executive Director's Items and Reports
8. An annual report on the Municipal Council's communication and outreach initiatives. (15-112)
Upcoming Policy Items referred from the Planning Commission
9. A discussion on a zone change requested by Premier Realty Investments from Residential Conservation (RC) and Heavy Commercial (CM) to the Medium Density Residential (MDR) Zone, for the purpose of developing a new multi-family residential community, comprising 4.38 acres, located at approximately 1040 South 1000 East, Provo, UT. Spring Creek Neighborhood. (13-0003R)
Redevelopment Agency Items
10. .A discussion on a proposed new Egress Window Program. (15-108)
The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm.
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
The next scheduled Regular Council Meeting will be held on 09/01/2015 at 5:30 PM in the Council Chambers, 351 West Center Street, Provo, unless otherwise noticed. The Work Session meeting start times is to be determined and will be noticed at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time, but typically begins between 1:00 and 4:00pm.
**************************************Notices are provided as a public service. Comments and questions should be directed to the Council Office at (801) 852-6122.